Beautiful Wedding Flowers

Beautiful Wedding Flowers

7.28.2013

Calla Lily Wedding- Fresh or Silk?


 I have a confession to make, I am a flower snob. A flower snob you ask? Yes indeedy, a flower snob! I prefer fresh flowers. Well, at least most of the time.... This savy bride used fresh and silk flowers for her wedding and saved a bundle, er, I mean a bouquet? See the pictures below and see if you can tell the difference.


All silk callas. Really!


The Bride carried fresh callas and the bridesmaids carried silk, at a huge savings.


Silk Calla Lillies


Can you see the difference? Me neither. The Bride's bouquet (on the right) smelled great. White, fragrant freesia wrapped around the white, purple and orange calla lillies.

 
For the centerpeices, we used white silk flower balls hanging from curly willow. Beautiful crystals dazzled in the light as they hung down. The crystals also reminded me of rain. This wedding was in May, I think this would also look fabulous as a winter wedding when used with red.
 
 
I loved these simple yet elegant flower balls. What a beautiful way to decorate the wedding isle.


The urns were made with fresh and silk flowers.



The ribbon danced in the wind, adding charm to this purple, white and orange wedding.

No comments: